Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 May 2016 21:37:51 +0000
From:         Zoran Mladen <zmaninco@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rear-wheel clunk (possibly) identified
Comments: To: Dan Lamb <vanagongramps@GMAIL.COM>

Is the clunking sound once per tire rotation or multiple times per tire rotation? The last time I saw this in the "once per tire rotation" model, it turned out to be the upper shock mount.  There was no noise until you got to at least 15-20 mph, then it began.  The top mount was worn.  Replaced shock.  No more noise. Z

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:22 PM, Dan Lamb <vanagongramps@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

Auto or stick tranny?  Axle lengths are different left and right on auto. Someone may have used stick axles or swapped sides?  Ones too long?

Dan Lamb