Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 May 2016 12:21:13 -0600
From:         Steve Williams <steve@WILLIAMSITCONSULTING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brighter headlights - 91 Westy
Comments: To: JordanVw@aol.com

Hi,

I have been trying to avoid going to the S. America grill, though that does seem the "smart" way to go. Lots more options for the round headlights, but the cost is quite high.

That's a great idea to look at the Euro ebay websites for e-codes. Hadn't thought of that.

Do I need to get e-code lights from a country that drives on the same side of the road as N. America? I thought the light pattern was different between the left lens and right lens... where the passenger side lens throws more light into the ditch?

I'm trying to reason through this, but I don't think the headlights could be swapped left to right...

Off to cruise ebay :)

Thanks for the input, Steve W

On 22/05/2016 11:43 AM, JordanVw@aol.com wrote: > if your dead set on keeping the square headlight look and grille, buy > a set of euro e-code square headlights off ebay.de or ebay.uk. the > lens fluting gives better output than the DOT north american > headlights. you will only need the outers as the inner hi beams are > the same as the european ones. > i run the 7" round e-codes in my 84 and 85, and i bought a set of > european e-code squares for my '89 since i wanted to keep the square > light look.