Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 May 2016 07:47:52 -0700
From:         bernie <1234bjs@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Border Crossing USA to Canada
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jrodgers113@gmail.com>

Yes good points Roger. Regarding cash or equivalents I never declare the amount of cash I am carrying UNLESS it is over 10,000. This is the figure that they require a declaration. Not illegal to bring it in it's a transgression NOT to declare it. On longer trips I have traveled with 5 or 6 thousand dollars cash and NOT declared it as I am not required to do so. If asked by a border agent I know how much I have and I can tell him. I only answer the questions asked of me and I only declare what is required to declare. I do not give additional information as they appreciate concise and direct answers. The amount of cash you are carrying under 10,000 is not a concern to them.

Your vanagon headlights won't be a problem.

Bernie Vancouver BC