Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Jun 2016 09:18:53 -0700
From:         Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Air bubbles in coolant 2.1 wbx
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thanks John and Dennis. I have a spare used blue cap with me. If I blow through it, the valve releases creation a honking sound as air passes through. Coolant transfer from coolant fill and expansion tanks seems normal but I'm just guessing at that. An archive post suggested that 'when under load' a head can lift off the cylinders and allow a leak between cylinder and head. Since the engine has been working harder and longer in higher ambient temps, a head May be lifting. After rebuilding the coolong system, I bled off air at rad a few times. Air gap at expansion tank disappeared over time. Yesterday I recalled that the compression test on engine when I first got the van was marginal. Engine has one AMC head. Power is ok though. I Dont see a coolant path diagram for 86 and up wbx in Bentley but recall that the upper connection at the coolant tank is a return feed. I may pull the spark plugs and see what colour they are. I may have to go home early anyway. Possible root canal needed on a tooth. Neil.