Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Jun 2016 19:21:22 -0700
From:         Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gas tank hard plastic line replacements ?
Comments: To: Further <sdonahue@furtherinteractions.com>

When I installed 7 mm ID fuel injection hose to transition (repair) the black nylon hose at roll over valves at expansion tank, it seemed to me that the OD of that new hose might mispositiion the valv (force it away from the grommet a little) when installing the tank, or, make install of the expansion tank a little more difficult. I'd installed the new hose too close to the valve.

Just a WAG theory.

Be careful not to pinch the OEM black hose between tank and frame at passenger side.

What I'd suggest is to use the OEM black nylon line at roll over valves than inter face fuel hose further down from there to rest of evap system. Like after the T. A heat gun might help expand the black hose to allow it to more easily fit onto the rol over valve nipple if you need to repair hose at valve. It doesn't take much heat to do this.

I harvested that black hose off a parts vanagon.

Neil

On Saturday, June 4, 2016, Further <sdonahue@furtherinteractions.com> wrote:

......Is there any disadvantage to eliminating the Hard lines.....

> -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf > Of Further > Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2016 1:04 AM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Gas tank hard plastic line replacements ? > > Hey all, I started to do a reseal on my '85 Vanagon gas tank and found > that several of the hard plastic lines that run from the > evaporation/overflow tanks are crimped to the point of needing > replaced. > > >

-- Neil n

Blog: Vanagons, Westfalia, general <http://tubaneil.blogspot.ca>

1988 Westy Images <https://picasaweb.google.com/musomuso/New1988Westy>

1981 Westfalia "Jaco" Images, technical <http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/>