Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:22:40 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: AC conversion
Comments: To: Rob <vwrobb@gmail.com>

Swamp coolers work wonderfully well in the dry west. The humidity added to the air really helps. In the east and south with high humidity thats a killer though.

If it's been along time since you have run this thing and you are going to change over to a newer refrigerant, by all means change the receiver/drier. And vavuum the system to see if it will hold without loosing vacuum. Meaning it won't leak. Bentley tells how much oil and how munch refrigerant to use. But the latter is for R-2, so you wil. Need to use a chart to get the right amount. Add a little dye while you are at it. Makes ,eak detection much easier.

Today I found the 50 amp fuselink melted. Replaced it now my system runs well. I've only one 12 oz can of HFC152a in there and its blowing cool. Will add the rest tonight.. Will top it to 35 lbs to start with. If needed will go to 40 but only if necessary to get the cool I want.