Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Jun 2016 10:25:53 +0000
From:         Jay Harman <jay_harman@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      87 Wolfsburg Vanagon Instrument Circuit Board

This is my first post to the list. Have been "lurking" and enjoy the interaction, technical information and general mayhem! Yesterday, Saturday, I pulled the instrument console, removed the dainty foil (that was ripped when replacing the brake master cylinder leaving me with no gas gauge or instrument lights on one side) and replaced it with the GoWesty circuit board. Brain surgery for Vanagons. I have spent the last 24 hours patting myself on the back as I completed the job in 2 1/2 hours and everything works! It's a bit pricey at $299 (I have the tach), but I highly recommend this change out! The instructions were excellent with one minor exception. You must remove the blue lense for the high beam lights, but it's a bear to do. I put in blue leds for all instrumentation and, at night, it looks like a cockpit and complements my stereo MP3 USB radio!

Jay Harman

Ft. Lauderdale

'87 Wolfsburg California Weekender