Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2016, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:30:07 -0700
From:         Scott - IMAP <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Near New Brake Drum: Crack or casting flaw?
Comments: To: Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

Fine with me if you keep posting on your brakes. I don't think it hurts to take a look after a while.

if there were no undesireable symptoms I probably wouldn't though.

re, where your Zimmermans were made.. I really appreciate that all consumer 'things' we get have to say on them, or on the box, where they were made...i.e. 'hecho en Mexico' .. and I've seen 'hecho en China' too .

if it doesn't say 'where' ....that's suspicious. I bought a 1.9 NA cylinder head from a vendor ... very weird .....plane box, no indication on the part or the box where it was made. I'm quite sure it was made in you-know-where.

lol...the plastic bag it was packed in .. who's purpose is to keep foreign objects out of this supposedly precisely made engine part, had a few spoonfuls of aluminum shavings in it ..brand new in the box !

I still have it. I should put it on thesamba. Cylinder head, new, for 1.9 diesel engine ..has new 7mm ID valve guides in it, no valves, springs or keepers, no cam, but it's brand new. I'd sell it for $ 150. Cost me 300. No promises about it at all.

yeah ...always ask ...'where's it made ? '

Scott

On 6/29/2016 9:34 PM, Neil N wrote: > Zimmerman. > Dunno where they're made. > As was noted previously by Dennis and possibly myself, OD of shoes is > greater near the > backplate. IIRC this was true for the GW shoes. > As per Bentley spec, I measured OD of shoes at part of lining nearest the > backplate. > For the life of, could not determine why shoes are angled like that. > > "Uncle". ;) > > I post short links because folks had complained about uber long links. > I try to describe what the link is for. > > Neil > > On Wednesday, June 29, 2016, C. Abney <tsudonimh@gmail.com> wrote: > > LowCostAftermarket. Is that near Shenzen, or Hong Kong? I think my >> drums are from there. They have evident uneven wear ........ >> >> Also, I found that alt search engines like duckduckgo will decode >> links from tinyurl and such, and I can decide from there whether to >> click on it or not. >> > > -- > Neil n > > Blog: Vanagons, Westfalia, general <http://tubaneil.blogspot.ca> > > 1988 Westy Images <https://picasaweb.google.com/musomuso/New1988Westy> > > 1981 Westfalia "Jaco" Images, technical <http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/> > > Vanagon-Bus VAG Gas Engine Swap Group <http://tinyurl.com/khalbay>