Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Jul 2016 08:04:09 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: GOWESTY AFM no start problem
Comments: To: Dennis Jowell <dennisjowell@gmail.com>

If it goes down towards the water pump it is for the oil pressure switch. This would be the .9 bar switch.

Dennis, From my phone.

-----Original Message----- From: "Dennis Jowell" <dennisjowell@gmail.com> Sent: ‎7/‎10/‎2016 6:18 AM To: "Dennis Haynes" <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM> Cc: "vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM" <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Subject: Re: GOWESTY AFM no start problem

88 -2.2 WBX is Running great now. New Hall Sensor installed (internal black wire was worn) New Hall sensor plug ( cover was broken open and dirty) New ignition switch ( really worn out after inspection) Ignition timed at 35 degrees at 3000 rpm GOWESTY specs Remaining questions that I can't find an answer for is:

1)While driving the 88' I come to a stop, foot off accelerator quickly, engine wants to stall (which happened several times yesterday during my test drive) then It idles at 900 Rpm. This is new for this engine. 2) behind the distributor there is a brown wire that goes straight down into this dark area of the engine. Must be where the VW gremlins live. The wire seems to be brittle and I wanted to change it but I can't find what it goes to. Checked my Bentley but no info there. Tomorrow will work on changing the front heater valve with the new expensive GOWESTY heater valve.

Dennis J

Dennis Jowell Scotch Hollow Farm Newbury, Vermont