Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Jul 2016 22:34:05 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Vanagon Woes

Oh, the sun is shining somewhere, Somewhere the children shout, My van is at last running, And I can get about!!!

Many of you know i went through many hurtles with my van over the last few months. Seemed like every time I turned around so didn't work, was broken, or whatever. I had coil failure, hall sensor failure, front wheel bearing failure, coolant pump failure, ecu failure, engine harness fire, expansion tank cracking failure, transmission failure, ecu failure again due to short cause by fire, power brake boost failure due to failed vacuum hose( nearly had acwreck with that one), oil pressure switch failure, starter failure, and lastly, found the idle stabilizer control was burned out as a result of the fire.

As a result of all this, I have a whole lot of new parts, and along with it got new front rotors and pads.

And in the process of all this, learned about my A/C system and got it working.

Now at this point in time, most all, but not absolutely everything, is working together to give me a joyful ride. Have now made a couple faily long trips ( for me anyway) and the van has performed very well. Time will tell til something else pops up.

I was able to do all the work myself, with the exception of the transmission, which is a remarkable acheivement considering my stroke two years ago. Still got a little residual, but I'm getting on. But, without the charity of the Volks on this list, I could not have done it. You guys and gals were my lifeline to help me get thru it all. And I want to say THANK YOU! for all the help.

JOHN