Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Jul 2016 05:41:38 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <modrillock@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: HELP: Engine stopped
Comments: To: Larry Alofs <lalofs@gmail.com>

It is important to go all the way to the battery if you want to be sure to bypass as many of the common failure points in the Vanagon power wiring paths as the tool is meant to bypass. The path segment between the starter and the alternator is the most failure prone in my experience. List member Jay Brown sells an upgraded replacement for this section and I have installed several of them. It is well made and worth doing, especially if you have a second battery installed.

Since Philippe is getting the power relay clicking on with the key we can tell his ignition switch is working and so his problem would likely be in the other path, the red one, assuming a wiring cause.

Mark