Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2016, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:38:18 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Reassembly has begun
Comments: To: David McNeely <davmcneely40@GMAIL.COM>

There are three holes on top of the tank. One is used for the filler breather. The other two are for the crossover that also connects to the side expansion tanks and the vapor recovery system. The VRS includes a carbon canister and a vacuum operated control valve that opens as the throttle is opened. You are missing something.

Dennis, From my phone. ________________________________ From: David McNeely<mailto:davmcneely40@GMAIL.COM> Sent: ‎7/‎18/‎2016 10:05 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM<mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Subject: Re: Reassembly has begun

When this happened to me, it was from a rubber plug on top of the tank, and not from the lines themselves. Plug replaced, problem fixed. Why are the plugs there? Is the tank designed for use with more than one vehicle/fuel line set up, and the openings filled by the plugs would have been used in that set up? It is an after market tank.

mcneely