Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Jul 2016 22:52:32 +0000
From:         Poppie Jagersand <poppie.jagersand@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Rebuild Westy from front and rear clips?

The '86 Westy I pulled the radiator from is in very nice condition, and still mostly complete. It has been rear-ended, but front 2/3rds look good. The owner had originally intended to transfer westy roof and interior to a plain Vanagon. However, after searching for nearly a year he only ended up with a pretty run down Vanagon. (these seem not nearly as well taken care of on average compared to campers). Therefore the current part-out plan.

I have a Westy with a rough front end (was hit some years ago, and only passably repaired). How hard is it to combine the front 2/3rds with the rear 1/3? Due to the westy roof I was guessing a cut would be through the rear pillars wold be the best. Second cut maybe just behind sliding door. How difficult would this be? Advisable?

(Some years ago I had the opportunity to pick up a low milage Westy inĀ  Germany that had front damage. Here maybe a front clip would have worked.)

Martin