Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Aug 2016 23:50:36 -0600
From:         OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Subaru question
Comments: To: tstone8359@aol.com, Larry Alofs <lalofs@GMAIL.COM>

Altitude/AirDensity Will Play a Roll in the MsPG on that Drive ~ Although I Would Not

Expect it to be that Big of a Hit ~ As He Looses Alt & the AirDensity Rises the ECU will Add

More Gas' to keep the FuelMix' Stoichiometric ~ Additionally that Denser Air will cause More

AeroDynamic Drag & so More Load on the Eng' which will require MoreFuel ~ Then there is

the OctaneFactor ~ Denser Air @ Lower Alt's allows an Eng' to Make Higher Compression

which allows Knock to occur Much More Easily & when the ECU then makes the AntiKnock

adjustments MsPG GoDown ~

There is also some info that suggests that Gasolines in the MidWest may contain More

Ethanol than out here in the West ~

ORR ~ DeanB