Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Aug 2016 14:03:26 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Solar panel cable, Routing
Comments: To: Edward V Barger <edvbarger@mac.com>

When I did solar for my Alaskan camper, I made it removable and used boat fittings. Small plugs, 2-prong, about the size of a quarter can be sourced online, stainless with water resistant Incorporated rubber snap covers....the rest of the plugs are bronze...in yachts, they're used out in the cockpit for things like portable spotlights, etc. My Alaskan sat outside for the past 20yrs or so, but when I recently plugged the old panel in....no problem. Not even much oxidation.. Use some polyurethane marine sealant....you could then have lots of options for whatever your needs are ....marine grade fittings are a few magnitudes better than RV or home stuff.