Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (August 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Aug 2016 17:31:59 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott3@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dometic fridge (external) fan replacement...

I think the original fan moved more air and across a wider area than a computer fan too.

I had a tiny cpu fan on the cooling fins inside for a while but took it off because it didn't seem to be doing much. Note I did have it on the right end of the fins which I think is the part with the least cooling power. I theorize that with the cooling fin unit near the top of the fridge interior, convection is going to be pretty effective with circulating the warmest air up to the unit where it gets cooled.

I do want to / plan to do the fan in the "city water" spot to pull heat to outside the van. Has anybody done a good write up on that project?

Thanks, edward