Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Aug 2016 14:58:45 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dometic fridge (external) fan replacement...
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

The problem with using a computer fan is the air flow is to directional. You really need a fan capable of moving air over all the fins. For an additional helpful solution consider adding a second fan in that vent near the swing out table to further remove hot air out from behind the cabinet space. This is additionally beneficial when the curtain behind the stove is closed blocking that vent up there. Keep in mind the installation of the this fridge in the Vanagon is not done as it should be or is typical in other RVs. They usually have the fridge guts in an outside vented area with air intake below and exhaust above. Using the fridge as it is installed in the Westy it does not do well in hot weather with the van closed up especially when parked in the sun.

Dennis

Dennis