Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Aug 2016 10:21:01 -0700
From:         David McNeely <davmcneely40@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Compact Air Conditioner
Comments: To: vw_van_fan_Mark <madvws@cox.net>

I don't think it is intended for a moving vehicle, or that anyone discussing it here contemplated that. But for its intended buyers, I don't see the benefit. Someone said the hot air it (like any air conditioner) generates (after all, it is extracting heat from the space it supposedly cools) is supposed to be dumped outside through a hose and a window. There will actually be additional heat (as with any air conditioner) because mechanical devices are not 100% efficient (those pesky laws of thermodynamics).

For whomever questioned whether there was any environmental impact, since it uses batteries, the whole thing has to be manufactured, including the batteries. Batteries must be replaced or recharged.

The ad shows people using it at a beach in the outdoors. Now really. Why go to the beach, if not there to enjoy the conditions?