Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2016, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Aug 2016 19:43:18 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott3@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: High beam indicator bulb. replace it with LED
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Ok dug into this a little bit. What voltage is that bulb designed for? I supplied it with about 8V and it was drawing 65ma and much brighter than when installed in the van. I tried it on 12V and it was very bright but also got quite hot pretty fast.

It looks like there is a resistor on the foil in the ground circuit of that bulb. Is that for Current limiting?

In the circuit on the van, I'm also reading the bulb drawing about 65ma, and I read about 6V across it's leads. With the bulb removed, I read about 11V in the socket it plugs into. This is with actually turning on the high beams by pulling the turn signal stalk toward me.

advice or ideas appreciated

Edward