Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:24:39 -0700
From:         vw_van_fan_Mark <madvws@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Key questions answered
Comments: To: Roy Nicholl <RNicholl@NBNET.NB.CA>

The under seat lock box for the Westy single middle seat uses the exact same lock as the glovebox. On some Westy vans that came stock with the middle seat it was already keyed to match the glovebox.

It is trivial to remove the lock from the seat. Then send or take it to have it matched to your glovebox key. Same goes for the glovebox for those who wish to have a key for their glovebox and don't.

Mark

Roy Nicholl wrote: > Eric: > > Steve did answer me off-line basically stating that he’s never encountered the under-seat lockable storage. > > He did confirm my hypothesis that if the key-ways were the same, the locks could be re-keyed to a single key. > > I just went out to the Hyena and confirmed that the glovebox key fits in the under-seat storage lock and vice-versa. > > Roy > >