Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Oct 2016 00:27:19 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: side door window knob tightening

Hi Alistair,

You get another list success thanks to your directions. and appreciation to Dan for getting me moving in the right direction.

I kept turning until the long screw with the spring came straight down. Looking at it now I see it is sturdy and I didn’t have to worry. I tightened the two Philips screws that were then revealed. I put in some lube and put it back together. All is correct with my window again.

It would be easier to do with a sighted person but, it also has to be the right sighted person. Just having sight doesn’t mean they can do even these simple repairs. And, If I waited for sighted help it would take forever to get things done.

thanks to you and this list I can do these things and save the help requests for another day. Plus, in the end it is rather fun and gratifying.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto Westfalia