Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Oct 2016 09:19:02 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Installing an alarm/keyless entry (91 Westy)
Comments: To: Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@GMAIL.COM>

Hi

I wish I had a better memory as I spent quite a bit of time helping friend install alarm system on his 91 syncro last year. But damn.... its all so hazy now.

The turn signals.... there are spare connections on the D designated connector in back of fuse panel. D11 and D25. Would mean finding a pair of pin terminals to connect to your wire and installing the pins in the empty spots in the connector.

Page 97.213 in Bentley, have a look to see if you agree.

I'm assuming you want to tap into the signal light circuit so that the alarm systems can give the confirmatory blinking lights. If so, how about tapping into the emerg flasher output, black white wire from the flasher itself? Same page in Bentley, what do you think?

The door light switch... we tapped into the switched ground brown and white wire on the passenger side, which as you say is much easier to locate in the bundle. I think that if you want to find the brown and white wire on the driver's side you'll have to drop the fuse panel to look back there.

I wish I could recall what we did, i do recall not ever wanting to install an alarm system ever again.

Alistair