Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Oct 2016 05:29:30 -0400
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Windscreen wiper prelim review

The very best wiper blade for the Vanagon is the Bosch Icon. I have tried them all and these work the best and will last years ! A lot of these new fancy no backbone wiper blades put way too much pressure on the arm/pivot connection and it WILL strip sooner rather than later. The Icons will not do this and make perfect contact with the windshield even without extra spring pressure, just make sure the wiper arm hinge is lubricated and not seized up as a lot of them are that I see here.

<https://www.frankcondelli.com/staging1/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=61_68_106&product_id=767>

<https://www.frankcondelli.com/staging1/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=61_68_106&product_id=768>

Frank

> On Oct 26, 2016, at 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> wrote: > > For the last couple of years I've been using those blade type wipers on the v= > an. First michelin, then Bosch. > > Never did have great luck with them, didn't seem to wipe really well. I even= > adjusted the spring pressure (via bending the spring c clip a couple of mil= > limetres) on the passenger side wiper. For what ever reason, the blade wiper= > s had trouble making full contact over full stroke. > > Last weekend made the semi annual trip to Costco. I'm not a fan of shopping t= > here, oh the humanity. But found some wiper blades. Michelin stealth for on= > ly 9.99 Ca each. They look like blade wipers at first glance, but they reall= > y are the old type metal frame and hinge but with a cover over the gubbins. R= > eally just an update of the old rubber covered wipers that have been around f= > or years.

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 VW Westy, '00 Kawasaki 250 Sherpa, "98 Ducati 750 Monster & Lionel Trains (Collection for sale <http://frankcondelli.com/trainsal.htm>) Frank Condelli & Associates <http://www.frankcondelli.com/> - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley BusFusion <http://www.busfusion.com/> a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 02 ~ 05, 2016