Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2016, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Oct 2016 09:28:42 -0700
From:         Edward V Barger <edvbarger@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: soundproofing
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>

this is timely as I plan to do this as soon as my right hand broken bone heals

I have been looking at lizard skin paint on and these below gleamed from earlier e mails on site

like the idea of the paint on for ease of installing and covering as much surface as possible

want to do doors floor board side walls fire will etc as much as possible

in the past I put some asphalt based material on the fire wall under the back seat of our 87 westy did not seem to do the job

so want to hear as much as possible as soon as possible

thanks ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyuMUfTjA3g <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyuMUfTjA3g>I use Acoustical Solutions VBD-10 water based damping compound, and Enguard

insulation. The latter is NLA but I have a small stash I have been selling.

Best insulation made IMO.

https://acousticalsolutions.com/product/vbd-10-metal-damping-compound/ <https://acousticalsolutions.com/product/vbd-10-metal-damping-compound/> Karl

This may be the site it is from but I it doesn't look familiar and I'm unsure whether it was a site or an attachment. I don't think v.com <http://v.com/> does so well with attachments, so . . .