Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Nov 2016 08:35:16 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 14" tires, report...
Comments: To: Dennis Jowell <dennisjowell@gmail.com>

"Poor man's Peloquin" would be more appropriate I guess! Once I was parked facing steeply downhill right up against the parking block in wet snow. Dumb move in the first place, but with the parking brake trick I was able to back out. Without it nothing but wheel spin.

Stuart

-----Original Message----- From: Dennis Jowell [mailto:dennisjowell@gmail.com] Sent: Friday, November 04, 2016 4:32 AM To: Stuart MacMillan Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: 14" tires, report...

Stuart This is a new defensive technique I will have to try. It would have been interesting to try this last year when I was sliding down Main Street in St. Johnsbury during that surprise light snow fall. I know it works on all my racing dirt bikes (Yamaha + Husqvarna) Thanks for the suggestion and reminder. Dennis J

Dennis Jowell Scotch Hollow Farm Newbury, Vermont