Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Nov 2016 14:47:19 -0600
From:         KI4TLF <ki4tlf@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Utility trailer benefits...yay

I put bearing buddies on mine and keep a grease gun with wheel bearing grease in it. When the spring loaded plunger on the bearing buddy sinks in, I hit it with a couple shots of grease.

I also put the 5.30x12 trailer tires/wheels on it instead of the 4.80x8 that came on it.

It's been across the US from east to west and north to south behind my '84 GL 1.9L without any problems. Even loaded down with almost 800lbs of gear when I moved. No problems, just took my time accelerating and made it fine, 60 to 65 mph.

Greg McKinney SOAR – Simons Organization for Animal Rights www.soardoggyrescue.org