Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2016, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Nov 2016 10:21:18 -0800
From:         Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diesel Oil Pan Bolts and Washers (for gas inline engine)
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com>

The exhaust has yet to be installed. ;) (Am in middle of an engine swap)

Don: your ABA came with a windage tray or the OEM plastic baffle attached to the oil pump pick up?

The windage tray I'm using adds at least 1/8" between pan and block vs just the stock ABA pan; the rubber gasket is built into lip of tray. That plus at least 1/8" more thickness at the diesel oil pan lip and it looks to me like a longer bolt would be wise. Certainly longer than the ABA pan bolt. But then maybe the rubber seal will compress a fair amount. Can't recall the web page but I recall reading a note on bolt length regarding the type of tray I'm using. I checked depth of blind holes pan bolts to.

I don't know what pan bolts came with my diesel parts + 1.8 gas engine.