Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Dec 2016 05:00:47 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: sliding door... please help
Comments: To: OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>

Sorry OlRivrRat....here's where to get the stuff at Lowes, it's called Peel & Seal by the way....cheap; just make sure you clean the surface you want it to stick to; with alcohol or solvent or something.  Kinda of a poor man's sound reducing product; the Vanagon archives and The Samba are full of references and advice, lots of those fairly recently.  Nope, I never got no bad "tar" smelling odor, and been to western hot deserts a bunch of times.  It worked for me.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Peel-Seal-Instant-Waterproof-Repairs-6-in-x-25-ft-Aluminum-Roll-Flashing/1018733

From: OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2016 8:33 PM Subject: Re: sliding door... please help                 @ RichardK & DonH & other GuiltyParties

        I don't get Bugged easily ~ But ~ When people go on about doing something to their Van

that is a Big Improvement & it's really wonderful & it makes Van life so much better & then don't

Bother to Share the Details on what the Stuff is &or where it can be found > It Really Bugs ~