Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2016, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Dec 2016 18:32:49 +0000
From:         Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Canvas Tarp Cleaning
Comments: To: Randy C <rcicoryell@msn.com>

This is a good topic. I have had my westy for going on 14 years now and somewhere along the line it was "rode hard and put away wet" as they say with the result that the popup canvas, especially along the passenger side, is very dark compared to the rest of the tan canvas. Besides being unsightly (to me, anyway) the dark color can make for a hellish afternoon if you don't shield it from the setting sun, if you are facing that way. I consider myself a pretty good cleaner-upper of stuff, but I have not been able to tackle this job even with products like clorox outdoor which seems to work fine on anything else.

Anyone with a solution?

Jim