Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Dec 2016 21:45:34 -0800
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: NVC -- Need easy-out or similar tool for 10-32 stainless
              steel bolts
Comments: To: John Lauterbach <john@JHL.MGACOXMAIL.COM>

Hmm, I once used and then sold that equipment. You can drive an old knife blade or jeweler's screwdriver into the hole and twist out the broken ferrule. If it resists, freeze it. If that fails, run really hot water over it. This happened all the time because lab folks constantly over tightened these connections. No miniature torque wrenches. ;-)

Stuart

Thank you, Alistair. We do HO-gauge model trains so we have plenty of small drills.

John