Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2016, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 14 Dec 2016 18:14:01 -0800
From:   Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: At long last finally and looking at lots of little problems to come
Comments:   To: Edward V Barger <edvbarger@MAC.COM>

The GW SS screw kits for the hinges don't include nuts and washers because you can't see them. You can buy SS if you want, but it's not necessary since they are protected, just reuse the old ones if you have them. Note, the upper bolts need to be shortened or the hinge will interfere with them.

Regarding the paint, the original paint Westfalia used on both the interior metal and the pop tops is very poor quality. Your warm gray/medium tan color was once light gray that has UV oxidized. I've stripped and painted everything with paint from GW: http://www.gowesty.com/product-details.php?v=&id=24424

It won't match your warm brown paint, but I'll bet you have some rust on the stove/sink cabinet panel and its top edge bracket anyway. Strip and paint them too. GW has decals for the panel: http://www.gowesty.com/product-details.php?v=&id=4351

Stuart