Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2016, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Dec 2016 01:29:06 +0000
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Gas tank seal instructions request
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ecaron1@comcast.net>

Eric, here you go. http://www.vanagain.com/drop-and-reinstall-a-gas-tank-on-a-2wd-vanagon/

Ken On Thu, Dec 15, 2016, 7:51 PM Eric Caron <ecaron1@comcast.net> wrote:

Hi folks,

Could someone better at searching go westy or similar site give me a link to instructions, if there are any, for the gas tank re seal process that has been discussed a lot recently?

I’m preparing for a spring re seal and have purchased the go westy kit and have the tool for the gas line clamps.

I don’t feel this is a job I can do alone the first time out as I had a hard time following many of the descriptions I’ve heard.

Still if there is a good write up or a step by step guide that doesn’t rely on pictures I’d give it a go.

My current plan is to get a willing helper and then have the kit and directions ready.

I’d like a few spare gas line clamps, a bit of extra gas line, and a lot of rags and positive energy.

It is a good thing I have time before spring weather to prepare and this list because, at this point I can’t even figure out how the darn gas line clamp tool works.

any tips on the use of the tool and link to install directions greatly appreciated.

For new list members, my requests may seem a little odd but I’m blind so pictures don’t help and verbal or written directions are greatly appreciated.

I take the time to plan ahead and ask questions, as a result, my list of solo repairs is growing pretty long. truth is I’d love to do this on my own and if I could watch the videos or read the Bentley, I think this one would be in my skill level.

Eric Caron 85 GL Auto Westfalia