Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2016, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Dec 2016 21:19:26 -0800
From:         Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fixed dash lights, not certain how.
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

Ok.

So I spent more quality time in and under the dash. I deleted the fog light switch wiring and relay, which I didn't really need to do, then repaired a few more wires then checked further along the blue,grey wires involved in dash light circuit. As some mightve suspected, the short appears to have been in the OEM dash light circuit; the blue,grey cigarette lighter socket bulb wire was dangling loose and was likely shorting to the dash metal. I measured for continuity between frame and each blade socket at fuse s13 and if I'm not mistaken, I found continuity. After capping off the cig lighter light wire, I'm pretty sure the meter showed no continuity.

The dash lights work, so far, so I'm calling out the blue,grey dangling wire as culprit and calling this a problem solved.

Neil.