Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2016, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Dec 2016 09:28:12 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday: VW shops and the VW diesel problem
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com>

It seems the US has been lobbied to legislate pretty hard against deisels over the years. As a diesel owner of two older Ford powerstroke trucks, I've noticed. The newer diesels have to include a lot of complex and potentially catastrophic systems to comply with US emmisions standards. This has made them not very good and expensive, too...I guess the oil industry had something to do with this, but for whatever reason, diesels are not a good sell any longer...Here in the US, anyhow...And trying to cheat Big Oil out of their money in the US....That was foolish on VW's part...