Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2017, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Jan 2017 20:41:43 -0800
From:         C B <cunegonde.van.westfalia@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: RE: Dang driver lowbeam and front driver turnsignal

Thank you Dennis, I use a Klein MM700 meter for all electrical (and temperature or simple Hz!) checks. The idea of going through every light circuit wire looking at resistance is daunting, but you're right. I replaced several corroded or loose ground and fuse wire connectors, though the under dash headlight and turnsignal/parking lamp connectors seemed fine.

I'll test the corner lamp sockets and pigtails to source any problems at that end. Cunegonde sat for several years and might have external electrical damage.

The headlights have local bodywork grounds to bare metal with dielectric grease. There is continuity from those grounds to their bulb receptacles on each side of the van. So the problem is somewhere in the switched wiring. I really am stumped, but trying to avoid constructing and running new wires from the driver lamp to fuse, and fuse to back of switch.

I need everything working and similar to stock, so I add my lighting high-power relays and SA inner lights. You may recall I put the word out for circuit diagrams and component lists to make the inner lights turn off both simultaneously or separately from the outers. But I'm not modding anything until I have stock functions.

CUNEGONDE 1985.5 2,2l WBX 4sp Westfalia