Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2017, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Jan 2017 14:15:33 +0000
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: On more trip.
Comments: To: Robert Clemmer <n51219@COMCAST.NET>

Don't be overly alarmed from the metals report in the oil analysis. This could just be from the engine being short cycled especially in cold weather and also indicates the filter is not doing that well job. Maybe you need more frequent oil or filter changes. The head gaskets should be addressed. I would suggest testing the oil pressure and determine if the case really needs to be split. If it really needs main bearings it most likely also needs to be align bored. Otherwise yo end up with a rebuilt engine that still has oil pressure woes. For rings careful, there is a lot of junk out there.

Dennis