Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2017, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Jan 2017 17:31:49 +0000
From:         Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Christmas related Vanagon items?
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Jim....this is very interesting as Sgt. Shultz would say. Would the side tent work just as well on a tin-top? I wondering if any of our aftermarket vendors have a source for the OEM or a similar product. Ant

From: Jim Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2017 12:26 PM Subject: Re: Christmas related Vanagon items? I got a good one this year. While certainly Vanagon-related, it was not meant to be a Christmas gift but that was when my Westy-owning brother had a chance to bring it out from Texas. It's an original Westfalia side tent, as pristine as you could possible ask after so many years. Everything was there. I'd say this thing (didn't measure, actually) is 7 x 11 feet or maybe a little larger. Tailor made for a Vanagon right down to the pocket made for the sliding door to recess into when the "airlock" is open to the main capsule and the gutter-fitting custom-extruded rubber seal that attaches the tent to the Vanagon.

Colors and design screams "fatherland." Think pumpkin plus American flag, Nice thick floor. Tested in a heavy downpour and did not leak a drop. Not small, not light, but not difficult to set up even without a hint of instructions.

You can drive off and leave the tent and hook up to it when you return. Not for singles or couples camping but great for grandkids.

Jim