Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2017, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Jan 2017 18:31:19 -0800
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Easy way to tell which W.B...
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thanks... I did, before leaving WA. run the wheels in the air and listened carefully, as well as backing the rear brakes off, ( for fine tuning, bleeding and e brake adjustment) then wiggling and spinning the wheels by hand, to see if I could feel any crunchy or undue play. I couldn't feel much... But the stetescope is probably more telling, if only one bearing is on it's way out, you're right, it'll make itself known that way... I'll probably have the local tire guys impact the axle nut loose as I have only a 'Bash Wrench' along, and no breaker bar for that... Thanks, Dennis..