Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jan 2017 10:50:46 -0800
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Back again needing more help to find out what size the bolts
              are that hold  the pot top hinges to the top of the van
Comments: To: Edward V Barger <edvbarger@mac.com>

This is the pro grade stuff, which you wrap around the threads: https://www.amazon.com/Dicor-BT-1834-1-Butyl-Seal-Tape/dp/B001FCB4JS?tag=inc epin-20 Also available from auto body supply stores like Wesco. I've also used duct sealant putty with good results: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-1-lb-Plug-Duct-Seal-Compound-DS-11 0/100212441

You want something that won't harden but is sticky and flexible.

Stuart

-----Original Message----- From: Edward V Barger [mailto:edvbarger@mac.com] Sent: Friday, January 20, 2017 10:41 AM To: Stuart MacMillan Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Back again needing more help to find out what size the bolts are that hold the pot top hinges to the top of the van

Thanks

Would a locktite product work or use silicone ?

Edward V Barger edvbarger@mac.com 310 922 6251