Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2017, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Jan 2017 18:00:25 -0500
From:         Dave Bohannan <fjazzbass@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Zero Compression after Head Re-torque - Valves? Overtorque?!

Folks…

More of a rant and denial of reality here- but- in order to keep the bubbles from entering my coolant I decided to take a quick (ha ha) dive into the head retorque on my 1.9er…it really did go flawless…

However…now I’m thinking I may have OVER torqued or done something stupid because the compression went down to 0- little to no resistance… have I put the rocker arms on too tight? did the retorque pull the heads in too far so that the valves are now too tight?

I am planning on a valve adjust next- but what else should I make sure of before I do that? Am I missing anything else?

After oil pressure related issues and now this coolant thing- I’m thinking of a rebuilt- but would like to delay that even if only a little while longer :-D

Dave 85 1.9 GL