Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2017, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Jan 2017 17:59:01 -0800
From:         PB <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      More (simple) battery questions
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

I had posted about new battery being drained. Battery and alternator seem to be OK. As per replies, it was probably due to lack of driving and insufficient charging.

I have a Battery Tender for trickle charging. Can I use this 12 volt adapter <http://products.batterytender.com/081-0069-5.jpg> connected to the dash when I don't drive that much? Is the dash cig lighter connected to the starter battery? (I have an aux battery, too.) If not, where is the best place near the main battery cavity to drill a 3/4" hole so I can leave the Battery Tender pigtail permanently connected and available when needed? Patti 90 Westy Automatic

--