Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Feb 2017 18:56:09 +0000
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rapid left blinker after fix
Comments: To: vw_van_fan_Mark <madvws@COX.NET>

Well, I swapped the two striped wires on that socket and it made no difference.  Swapped them on the other socket and that also made no difference, so moved them all back.  What did make a difference was swapping the bulbs side-for-side; fast blink moved to the other side.  Aha!  Found a spare bulb in the glove box, old enough to have the PO's handwriting on the package after I've owned the van for over ten years, and tried that in the left (original) side.  Fast blink.  I wound up with two bulbs that blink fast and one that blinks slowly, so I left the two fast ones in place, put the other in the glovebox as a spare and will pick up the correct bulbs, whatever the manual recommends, next visit to the FLAPS.  Thanks for the help. Incidentally, the fast blink was occurring on the shorter of the two filaments in a given bulb, and the slow blink was occurring on the longer of the two.  Swapping wires on a socket seemed to make no difference in this, for whatever reason.  As long as it passes inspection I'm happy and I hope nothing else shows up 'cause I'm making the appointment tomorrow. Stephen