Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:09:37 -0500
From:         Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Will this Radio fit in a Westy?
Comments: To: Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca>

Crutchfield considers the mounting options with the metal bracket in place. Usually, I disregard whether or not they say it will fit and go with the larger depth without the bracket. However the model you are looking at has about a 7" (inch) depth according to the specs which is quite deep:

Mounting dimensions (WxHxD) (mm): 182x53x160 Dimensions (WxHxD) (mm): 178x50x177

I'm not sure the difference between the Mounting dimensions and the Dimensions are but they are significant enough for me to want to look for another unit.

Bluetooth is hit or miss in the vanagon. The camper is noisier. I prefer to use a headset for voice clarity on my end.

Steven 91 Westy