Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2017, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Mar 2017 16:26:59 -0700
From:         Neil2 <vidublu@GMAIL.COM>
              Vanagon.com
Comments: To: Jason <uberhare@gmail.com>

I would have to reiterate what Jason says generally. I've found the software is easy, the change management daunting.

I've wanted improvements for years but also realize there are few bells/whistles needed on the list. If we could just included links and photos it would be grand! I use the list specifically as an archive for data on troubleshooting and a daily feed to keep in touch with changes in the u.S. and worldwide, not much locally.

I'll donate when I'm able.

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Jason <uberhare@gmail.com> wrote:

> I recommend to avoid duplicating something that already exists unless you > can make a significant improvement on it. You might have a hard time > getting users to change their existing habits. It could be a lot of effort > for little gained. Also I would not use wordpress either. Please do > archive and save all of the existing information hosted. Integration with > FB is a very dangerous thing, they will own you. > > Jason > > > On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 5:16 PM, kenneth wilford (Van-Again) < > kenwilfy@comcast.net> wrote: > > > Several years ago, I noticed that the Vanagon.com page had fallen into > > disrepair. I asked the owner of the domain Ron Lussier about it and he > > told me that he had sold his Vanagon years ago and was so busy with his > > normal work load, he had no time to update it, or make it what he wanted > it > > to be. At the time I offered to take the site over for him, but he > wasn't > > ready to let go. Fast forward to 2016 and he was moving out of the > country > > and ready to let it go. > > > > I am currently setting up a brand new Vanagon.com and I wanted to get > your > > input and maybe your help in getting it revamped for 2017 and also > > polishing it up to make it the jewel of the Vanagon world it once was. > > Here is the current, Beta version of the site at www.vanagononline.com > > I still need to steer the vanagon.com domain to this new home but I > > haven't > > had a chance to do that yet. Here are the ideas I had for the new site: > > > > Interactive blog that will list all shows and allow folks to post new > > information > > List all travel blogs and allow folks to follow them via Vanagon.com > > Host forum that will also integrate existing vanagon/gerry email mailing > > list > > Map of repair shops that is interactive to allow users to recommend, and > > review shops that specialize in van repair. > > Chat room capability > > board for posting parts for sale/donation > > board for posting vans for sale. > > Facebook, twitter and instagram integration > > instagram feed > > Get volunteers to catalog and archive best articles from vanagon mailing > > list > > ecommerce web store to sell Vanagon.com merchandise (t-shirts, bumper > > stickers, mugs, hats, etc.) > > > > If you would like to help out with this either by donating money (I am > > currently bearing all of the costs of the new site myself) or more > > importantly donating your time and efforts, please pmail me. > > > > -- > > Thanks, > > Ken Wilford > > John 3:16 > > www.vanagain.com > > >

-- Neil2 '82 Diesel Westfalia (Ducky) '86 Vanagon (SaVannah) '08 170" 2500 Mega Roof Sprinter (Moby) '90 Westfalia Subagon (SaL) Fulltiming since August 2008 Nunquam Pendite Divendium