Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Mar 2017 14:32:54 +0000
From:         Ryan Perry <rjdperry@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Question about Transmission Stutter

Hey everybody, I have put this question out there before but under different circumstances so wanted to see if the group had feedback after some more info.

So, my van at a lower RPM and then constant speed to off throttle starts to do this bucking thing. Hard to explain, its almost a resonant issue where its hardly any throttle and it almost feels like the transmission is engaging then disengaging but gets worse as I continue over the course of a few minutes until I have to put in clutch.

Initially I chalked it up to a weak engine. My old 1.9 was on its last leg with low compression and oil pressure and just figured it was not keeping up well with the demand at low RPM.

Well, I now have a new GW 2.2 with new AFM, ECU and CVs repacked and booted and new clutch 2-3 years ago. Unfortunately still doing it. One of the problems now is that with the increased torque of the engine its more pronounced.

I have heard that it was perhaps associated with the bushing for the cone of the transmission but can't seem to find much info on it. I am hoping it is not my transmission going bad. After the money I just spent on this new engine pretty sure I would be dealing with it for a while.

Any thoughts on what to check or how to diagnose, info to read or products to help? thanks Ryan Asheville, NC