Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2017, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Mar 2017 18:52:09 +0000
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Question about Transmission Stutter
Comments: To: Ryan Perry <rjdperry@GMAIL.COM>

$10 says you reversed the connectors for the auxiliary air regulator and throttle switch. Easy way to check: Key on, engine off, remove both connectors and check voltage. 12 volt goes the air regulator, 5 volt goes to switch. If reversed switch is also destroyed (hopefully) or harness is damaged.

Dennis, From my phone. ________________________________ From: Ryan Perry<mailto:rjdperry@GMAIL.COM> Sent: ý3/ý20/ý2017 9:21 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM<mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Subject: Re: Question about Transmission Stutter

Good call Stuart. Yeah I have checked both on install of the new engine last month. All within spec and functioning well. The throttle body seemed pretty good with minimal play on the plate. New S boot as well and all vacuum lines redone.

I found a thread on samba that talks about some of the same issues with bucking going on and off idle. It also talked about clutch chatter, which I have as well. Said they replaced the transmission mount bushings and it was a huge change over sick and made better shifting.

So given the price I went ahead and ordered the powerflex bushing and will see how that goes. Already have the old mount out, just trying to get the bushing out. Hope to button it up and see. Past that I'm at a loss, on to the next I guess.

Will let you know! Thanks Ryan