Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2017, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Mar 2017 13:31:11 -0700
From:         Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: seat upholstery  removal tip request
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ecaron1@COMCAST.NET>

Those are called hog rings and you need new ones and a hog ring plier to attach them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/172414302292?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true Forget about zip ties, they will break in a few months.

Also, the trick to getting the seat back covers on is thin plastic, like dry cleaning bags, over the foam if you have trouble pulling them down. You can pull it out of the front and spray upholstery adhesive in there if needed. Sewfine sells all of this stuff along with upholstery kits: www.sewfineproducts.com. There are good photos there too you can have a helper view. http://www.sewfineproducts.com/vanagon-front-seat-cover-installation/

Also, now you'll appreciate why auto upholsterers charge so much!

Stuart