Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2017, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Mar 2017 00:56:03 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jrodgers113@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2.1L engine won't fire
Comments: To: OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@comcast.net>

No. Swapping in the first place was a pretty good task for an old crippled guy. The reason for the swap in the first place was that the ECU in the '88 GL was modified to use the Shoebox Monitor, which is a great little trouble shooting tool. I needed it for tuning, It allows you to even drive the van while simultaneously getting engine performance readouts. At this point, I have plugged in the monitor, and I'm getting an indication there is no coil pulse. This happened on the '88 GL one time before. One minute it ran fine, on the next startup a few minutes later thevcoil was dead. There was no warning, it just quit. I'll check it out when it gets daylight!

John