Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2017, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 Mar 2017 14:24:41 -0500
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ideas about funding Vanagon.com

I for one as a Vanagon based business would be ready to pay for my add on Vanagon.com So would my new Associates: www.Eurotek.ca

> On Mar 31, 2017, at 9:57 AM, Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> wrote: > > So for many, many, many years, Vanagon.com <http://vanagon.com/> has gotten a free ride due to > the kindness and benevolence of Vanagon owners and fans. It costs money to > host a website, and it also costs money (time) to update it on a regular > basis so that it stays up to date, isn't hacked, no porn (except naked > Vanagons), etc. > > I want to set up a way to fund that site that doesn't rely on donations, as > they can be hit and miss (mostly miss). I was looking into an Amazon > affiliate program that looks promising but I wanted to know what you folks > think. Basically I would set up a woocommerce store on the site, and then > put in the store all of the things that you can buy through Amazon that > would be related to the Vanagon. When you go to the store, and find > something you like (say a special tool you need), you click on the link and > it takes you to Amazon where you buy the tool and Vanagon.com <http://vanagon.com/> would get a > 10%-25% commission on that sale. Not only that, but if you click on the > link and then decide to buy a bunch of other stuff for your home or office, > Vanagon.com <http://vanagon.com/> would get a commission off of those other items as well! The > prices you would pay would be the same that you would normally pay on > Amazon so you aren't spending any more money. Instead you are just buying > your normal Amazon stuff through the Vanagon.com <http://vanagon.com/> affiliate link, and it is > helping to fund Vanagon.com <http://vanagon.com/>! > > I don't really see a down side. Please let me know what you think. If > enough money is generated to support the site, and there is extra then it > is going to go into a fund that we can use for other things. I am thinking > about maybe a Pay it Forward fund to help van owners emergency need, or > someone in the community that has a sudden death, etc. We could expand the > advertising of the site by supplying prizes for VW shows, etc. > > I just want to make Vanagon.com <http://vanagon.com/> so much more awesome than it ever has > been. But that takes time which is money. Someone has to spend time > updating things. The more money we have to go to making the site better, > the better it will be.

Please note that I will be away from my business travelling from December 01 until April 30, 2017. Parts orders will be processed although not as quickly as usual. I will always be available for contact by E-mail. If you phone your call will be addressed by Steven and he will either call you back or advise you to contact me directly by E-mail.

Cheers, Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 VW Westy, '00 Kawasaki 250 Sherpa, "98 Ducati 750 Monster & Lionel Trains (Collection for sale <http://frankcondelli.com/trainsal.htm>) Frank Condelli & Associates <http://www.frankcondelli.com/> - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley BusFusion <http://www.busfusion.com/> a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 08 ~ 11, 2017