Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2017, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Apr 2017 08:19:28 -0700
From:         Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: good tool set...
Comments: To: Brett Ne <brettn777@gmail.com>

Im an amateur wrencher but imo, some Harbour freight tools may stand a chance of lasting for some time. eg my HF security fastener bit set or 1/2" impact sockets. (Especially those sockets are only used only with a regular ratchet wrench). But my HF 1/2" ratchet? Well, the ratchet direction lever almost always slips into the wrong position while turning the wrench. This is most inconvenient. My Jet 3/8" ratchet ive had for some time has never failed. Not sure if that brand name is available elsewhere but this tool was purchased in Canada. I bought it at a FLAPS. My guess is that a typical FLAPS will carry decntent tools at a relatively reasonable price.

Is Stanley a name folks trust these days?

Neil.

On Wednesday, April 5, 2017, Brett Ne <brettn777@gmail.com> wrote:

This is very disappointing news; I was planning on buying a mongo set of > Craftsman tools later this year. I'm finding that on the occasions when I > have to work on a newer car, everything is so tightly crammed into such a > small space that it's hard to find a socket that will fit the allotted > space. For every size bolt head, it'd be helpful to have the full array of > drive sizes, shallow/deep well, and and 6/12 point sockets to choose from. > Craftsman was always great about offering sets at a reasonable price that > covered it all. Is there another brand that does something similar? A > thorough set of reasonable quality that wouldn't require taking out a third > mortgage? I like the Neiko recommendation, but the brand doesn't seem to > offer a package with all, or at least most, of the permutations of > deep/shallow, 6/12 point socket sets. > > Brett > > >

> > On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 1:55 PM, kenneth wilford (Van-Again) < > > kenwilfy@comcast.net <javascript:;>> wrote: > > > > > I have actually been pretty impressed with the quality of a brand of > tool > > > called Neiko which you can find on Amazon. This socket set is nice > > > https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-02443A-Complete-Shallow-38- > > > Piece/dp/B000HEC200 > > > > > > ....Since HF tools are so much cheaper and you can exchange > > > broken ones like Craftsman and the Craftsman quality level has dropped > I > > > usually purchase the HF. > > -- > Brett in Portland, OR > "Albert" '82 VanaFox I4 Riviera >

-- Neil n

Blog: Vanagons, Westfalia, general <http://tubaneil.blogspot.ca>

1988 Westy Images <https://picasaweb.google.com/musomuso/New1988Westy>

1981 Westfalia "Jaco" Images, technical <http://tubaneil.googlepages.com/>